The Mission of the Alabama Chapter of the American Planning Association is
to help residents of the State improve the quality of their lives through rational and comprehensive approaches to physical, economic, and human resource planning.
How Do We Achieve Our Mission?
We do it by:
- Promoting planning approaches in response to developmental and social opportunities and challenges facing the State
- Increasing awareness of the planning process, the planning profession, and the benefits that both can bring to the State of Alabama
- Supporting planning education and fostering the growth of professional planners’ knowledge and skills;
- Encouraging the exchange of planning information and experience in Alabama
- Working with other organizations in the State to foster common goals.