Minnesota Department of Transportation
St. Paul, Minnesota
This position provides managerial direction for staff in the Office of Sustainability and Public Health and leadership to MnDOT and Minnesota’s transportation sector regarding sustainable transportation, public health, and strategic partnerships programs. Duties include advising the Assistant Commissioner on strategic planning, agency issues, and risks related to sustainable transportation and public health programs to ensure the program and statutory goals of Minnesota Statute 174.01, the sustainable transportation and public health statute, are achieved. The position ensures that the Governor’s Office, Minnesota’s legislature, and transportation stakeholders have a complete and accurate understanding of transportation policy issues and needs related to carbon pollution, energy efficiency, climate resilience, and public health. The position oversees policy and strategic planning activities so that state climate action and public health efforts are maximized to support current and future needs of the state’s multimodal transportation system. This position will have the option to telework.
To minimally qualify, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in planning, public health, public administration, engineering, or a related field and five years of progressively responsible leadership experience, which three years are managerial (managerial means those positions accountable for determining, securing, and allocating human, financial, and other resources needed to accomplish objectives).
If you wish to be considered further in the selection process, you must provide a cover letter with your resume summarizing your experience in the areas listed below.
• Technical Expertise: experience demonstrating knowledge of transportation policy issues and needs related to carbon pollution, energy efficiency, climate resilience, and/or public health.
• Policymaking: experience developing and implementing policies, rules, standards, and procedures.
• Human Relations: experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders, agencies, institutions, and organizations; and demonstrated ability to promote diversity and inclusion.
• Fiscal Management: experience managing large, complex budgets (e.g., multiple revenue streams, grants, revolving funds, legislative appropriations).
Deadline to apply is September 7, 2022!
How to Apply
1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers
2. Click “Search open positions”.
3. Enter the Job Opening ID “58438” in the Keywords search box and click “>>”
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
5. Click “Apply for Job”
6. When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – APA AL
*Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.