Economic Development Specialist | TARCOG
Top of AL Regional Council of Governments
The Top of Alabama Regional Council of Governments (TARCOG) is seeking an Economic Development Specialist!
The Economic Development Specialist is responsible for fostering strategic regional partnerships and identifying economic resilience-building projects and activities in TARCOG’s five county (DeKalb, Jackson, Limestone, Madison, Marshall) service area. Specific objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of the TARCOG revolving loan fund (RLF)including, but not limited to, loan committee meeting coordination, marketing of RLF to regional partners, and broader entrepreneurial development and support activities.
- Overseeing the development of the five-year TARCOG Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and subsequent annual updates as well as region-wide implementation of core objectives identified during the CEDS planning process.
- Providing technical assistance to local governments and other regional stakeholders to develop community and economic development projects that are eligible for state and federal funding opportunities, writing and submitting grant applications.
- Managing active community and economic development projects to include coordination with federal/state agencies, local government officials, project engineers, contractors/sub-contractors; conducting site visits; and submitting all required project reports, reimbursement requests, and other required documentation.
- A Master’s degree in economics, political science, public administration, business, or a related field, and at least two years of related post-graduate work experience.
- Economic development and/or revolving loan fund experience required.
- Project management/administration experience preferred.
- Knowledge of federal/state economic and community development grant requirements, regulations and grant writing experience preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for facilitating relationships with local government officials and other regional stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and data analysis skills.
- Capacity to work on several projects or issues simultaneously while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Driver license and good driving record required. Significant travel throughout the five-county region is anticipated.
Salary (based upon qualifications and experience): $45,000 – $55,000; Full benefits package.
Please email resume to email@example.com to apply.