Top of AL Regional Council of Governments
The Top of Alabama Regional Council of Governments (TARCOG) is seeking an Associate Planner!
The Associate Planner is responsible for researching and writing grant applications on behalf of TARCOG’s member governments and facilitating planning processes, plan development, and related technical assistance on a variety of areas to include land use, transportation, environmental, hazard mitigation, and comprehensive economic development planning for TARCOG’s five county region. Specific objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive Planning
- Zoning and annexation technical assistance
- GIS mapping
- Grant writing and project administration
- Database management
Bachelor’s degree in planning, urban studies, geography, public administration, political science, or related field and at least two.
- Knowledge of one or more planning specializations, such as community development, zoning/annexations, transportation planning, or environmental planning.
- GIS mapping experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting plans, grant reports, and other related projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with local government officials and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Driver’s license and good driving record required.
Salary (based upon qualifications and experience): $38,000 – $43,000; Full benefits package.
Please email resume to email@example.com to apply.