- This event has passed.
Planning for Sign Code Success
July 19, 2013 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$40
- Learn the latest technologies, controls, impacts and regulatory issues involved with on-premise signs.
- Learn about sign types and design as well as energy efficiency and types of lighting.
- Understand the importance of visible and well-designed signage on local small businesses and communities.
- Understand the technologies and the regulatory issues involved in electronic message centers.
- Develop an understanding of the legal and policy concerns involved in municipal sign ordinances, including hands-on, “real world” examples.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Registration and continental breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: Module 1: Intro to Sign Construction & Technologies | Roy Cox and Sandi Singletary, Trav-Ad Signs
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Module 2: Legal Issues in Sign Regulations | David Hickey, International Sign Association
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.: Break
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Module 3: Impact of Signs on Economic Development | Richard Bass, AICP, Bass & Associates
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: (Working Lunch) – Module 4: Policy and Process Considerations with Sign Codes | David Hickey, International Sign Association
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Module 5: Finding Common Ground: Electronic Message Center Issues | Bill Smillie, Watchfire
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Module 6: Urban Wayfinding Policy Implications | Ken Stapleton
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Break/Tour of Mid South Sign Association Exhibits
6 CM credits, including 1.5 Law credits, have been approved for this event.