- This event has passed.
Land Use Law: Current Issues in Subdivision, Annexation and Zoning (Birmingham)
September 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$349.00
Confidently Handle Subdivision, Annexation and Zoning Processes
Looking for the latest developments on land use law? Want to know how to use the laws and regulations to your fullest advantage? With this one-day seminar, quickly advance your understanding and learn how to avoid legal entanglements to make sure every transaction is smooth and successful. Don’t miss this opportunity to attain the information you need – register today!
- Expand your subdivision knowledge by knowing how city, county and township platting processes work.
- Analyze a comprehensive plan to determine if all the key elements are included.
- Know how annexation decisions are made and what filing requirements need to be fulfilled.
- Recognize who has the power to zone and how those decisions affect you.
- Ensure that critical environmental laws and procedures are adhered to.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level program is designed for those who want to advance their land use knowledge to the next level. The following should attend:
- City and Urban Planners
- Local Zoning and Land Use Officials
- Analyze the Land Subdivision Process
- Understand the Development and Utilization of the Comprehensive Plan
- Be Alert to the Legal and Practical Considerations of Annexation
- Take a Comprehensive Look at Land Use Law
- Stay on Top of Environmental Considerations
- Ethics in Land Use