- This event has passed.
Improving the Planning & Development Process
August 29, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm$25
SARPC is pleased to announce a training event for all member governments who wish to better understand & improve the effectiveness of their planning commission and zoning board of adjustment. Taught by Katherine Ennis, AICP, the 1-day training will provide detailed instruction of the overall development process from the building permit application thru site plan review. Planning commissioners, BOA members, Building Officials, and planning staff are highly encouraged to attend. Participants will receive resource materials & step-by-step instruction on how to review applica- tions that are essential for accurate & effective development in your community.
- Learn how to accurately read & review site plans & subdivision plats
- Understand the proper steps & levels of review for each application
- Know how to reference the zoning ordinance & subdivision regulations
- Create a stream-lined & efficient development application package
- Better organize planning commission meetings & work sessions