CLOSING DATE/TIME THU. 01/30/20 11:59 PM CENTRAL TIME
Apply online at http://www.prattvilleal.gov/job-opportunities.html
The purpose of this position is to assist in the development and enforcement of city planning and development regulations. Job duties consist of varied planning tasks. This position may be designated as a Senior Planner. FLSA status is Exempt.
Visit http://www.prattvilleal.gov/job-descriptions.html for full job narrative.
- ADMINISTRATIVE & ENFORCEMENT DUTIES (45%)
- DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (35%)
- SPECIAL PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES (10%)
- OTHER RELATED DUTIES (10%)
Bachelors’ Degree in Urban Planning, Urban Design, Community Planning, Public Administration or a related field from an accredited institution is required OR four (4) years’ of experience in one or more areas of urban or community project coordination, comprehensive planning, historic preservation, dealing with zoning regulations and the ability to read plans.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, city ordinances, and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of city codes, zoning regulations, and subdivision ordinances.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of community planning.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and planning.
- Skill in reading and preparing maps, charts, and surveys.
- Skill in preparing clear and precise reports.
- Skill in interpreting ordinances and laws.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in problem-solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in critical analysis.