COMPANY / ORGANIZATION
City of Hendersonville, TN
DESCRIPTION OF JOB / POSITION
The City of Hendersonville, TN is seeking to fill the vacant Senior Planner position in the Planning Department. Hendersonville’s population is approximately 59,000 plus 5,000 in the Planning Region. Hendersonville is a suburb of Nashville and is very active in regional planning activities. Hendersonville is a lake community with 25 miles of shore line on Old Hickory Lake and home to many country music stars. Approximately 300 new homes are being constructed each year. Two new large residential planned developments are underway with a total of 1,700 lots. A 400-acre commercial mixed use development, which includes a life-style center, is under development. Hendersonville is a great place to live and a great place to work.
The primary work responsibilities for this key position are as follows:
- Assist the Planning Director in long range planning activities including the City’s community visioning process.
- Review the following types of applications: Rezoning, Master Development Plans, Site Plans, Subdivision Plats, Conditional Use Permits and Variances.
- Determine compliance of the above applications with the following City standards: zoning ordinance, design guidelines, subdivision regulations and comprehensive plan.
- Prepare a written staff report describing the application and its conformance with the above standards.
- Present verbal report to Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. Assist the Planning Director in presentations to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
- Assist the public in interpreting and explaining City standards in application submittal requirements and other matters.
- Prepare amendments to the zoning ordinance and subdivision regulations as needed.
- Administer annual CDBG Entitlement and ESG Funds of approximately $300,000.
A Bachelor’s Degree in City Planning or related field is required. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in city planning in the above related work is required. AICP certification is preferred or the ability to obtain AICP certification within two (2) years after hire. Excellent public relations skills are required along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$53,558 or higher depending on qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should visit: http://www.hvilletn.org/
August 21, 2017